If you’d like to volunteer at the library, please contact a library staff person for an application. We often offer community service hours for students to meet school requirements, and other community members are also welcome as volunteers. We are not able to offer court-mandated community service.
Tasks volunteers most often perform are repetitive but much needed in the library! They include shelving returned items, straightening library shelves, assisting with craft preparation for Storytime, helping with bulletin boards, assisting with the Summer Library Program, and other tasks with which the library staff needs help.
- Adhere to the library dress code.
- Be prompt for your volunteer shifts.
- Call ahead of time if you cannot work your volunteer hours.
- Be respectful and responsive to patrons and staff.
- Work carefully and thoughtfully.