The library will be providing Curbside Pickup during all our open hours.
Call the library to request books, movies, music, or magazines to pick up! We’ll give you detailed instructions of how and when to pick up your items. You will need to choose items belonging to Galesville for pickup that is same day. If you want items from other libraries, just request them as you normally do.
Call to get recommendations, or to let us know what you like and we can choose several for you to take home. We hope you will enjoy them!
If you know exactly what you want, but searching the catalog is difficult or not an option for you, call us and ask for a specific title or author. We will do the searching!
Browse the library catalog to find titles that belong to Galesville. Call us and tell us the specific items you want. Click here to search the catalog (Encore), and follow these instructions:
Use the “Search” field to type in the item you want, then click the large arrow or press “enter” key. If Winding Rivers has the item, it will appear on screen. On the left side of the screen will be a long gray box which says “Refine by:” at the top. In that box, look for the heading “Collection”. If Galesville is in that list, then we own the item! Also, if you look at the item record itself, it says “Available at” and then a list of the libraries. You might need to click “see all” if many libraries own it. If Galesville is listed, give us a call and we’ll check it out to you!
For a more specific (and a little more difficult) way to search, follow these instructions:
1. The large search field has the words “Advanced Search” right below. Click on “Advanced Search”.
2. In the Advanced Search box, look for “Library Catalog” in bold lettering, near the center. There are three fields below it, and the second one is “Collection”. Using the arrow at the right end of that field, choose “Galesville”.
3. Now in the upper portion of the Advanced Search box, you can browse by keyword, or if you know the specific title or author, change “Keyword” to “Title” or “Author” or both, using the dropdown arrows at the right end of each field. You can also refine your search further by choosing something in the “Format” field, such as “Books”, “Audiobook on CD”, or “DVD”.
4. Click “Search” at the bottom of the Advanced Search box.
5. If Galesville doesn’t own the title you are looking for, the next screen will say, “No catalog results found“. Simply click on “Advanced Search” below the search box to try again with a different title, author, subject, or keyword. If Galesville does own the item, you will see it on that screen. You’ll know if it’s available by looking at the libraries listed (you might need to click “see all”). If Galesville isn’t listed, that means our copy is already checked out. If Galesville is listed, give us a call and we’ll check it out to you!
Remember, if you want items from other libraries, just request them as you normally do.